The Burleigh Heads Bowls Club’s official opening was in 1937. The greens have seen many changes since then. Extra land was requested from the council during 1939, particularly the east and western sides of the grounds. This eventuated and later we had a green consisting of 16 rinks in line. This proved unsatisfactory owing to playing one way only, causing bare patches at each end. A motion was passed on the 10/10/1958 to divide the green as it is today.
The Nerang Shire Council had offered a site on reserve No.42 and this was accepted. On 24/11/1935, members of the Greens Construction Committee of the Queensland Bowling Association visited Burleigh Heads to give advice and assistance to this fledgling club. A hearty vote of thanks was tendered to these gentlemen from our club members.